Support Workers for James
James is a real mischievous character with a great sense of humour, he loves to people watch and really likes it when people stop and speak to him.
Position/s: Support Workers
Salary: £8.30 per hour
Hours: Various available
Closing Date: 15th April 2019
Ref Code: VV/IP
Essential for this job
Must be a car driver. Some waking nights may be required.
- We reward our staff with competitive salaries
- We offer an Award Winning Pension Scheme
- We have a company sick pay scheme
- Excellent annual leave allowance, including top up pay
- A really good 5 day induction
- Ongoing high quality training
- Career development opportunities
- A real chance to make a difference to someone’s life
- Become part of a ground breaking organisation
- Become a valued member of our staff
James has autism, plus a variety of other health needs that he requires his team to understand and support him with. He needs his team members to be patient with him and encourage him to try new things. He likes to relax by watching TV and he enjoys the soaps, particularly Emmerdale and Casualty, he also likes to watch the Simpsons. He has recently become more active, with his team encouraging him to try circus skills such as the trapezium. This is going well and James is really enjoying it.
Ideally you will:
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be a caring individual and able to express empathy
- Be outgoing and adventurous
- Be a positive person with a can do attitude
- Have a good sense of humour
- Have good IT skills
- Be patient and encouraging
- Have similar interests to James
A DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Check will be requested in the event of the individual being offered a position with Beyond Limits, the cost of which will be to the employee, however, this will be returned after successful completion of probation period (6 months).
For an informal conversation about this position or to contact us by email please see contact details at the bottom of this page.
Apply for this job now ...